Here’s the kind of stuff we do
Whether you are in the market for your first home or selling your family home of thirty years, we will take professional and personal care of the legal work associated with your real estate transaction.
From purchases and sales of residential and commercial properties and vacant land, to the acquisition of life leases, mortgage refinancing, leasing, drafting of agreements (and explaining them) and severing land, we provide attentive legal service for these and all other real estate transactions.
- Agreements of purchase and sale
- Purchase and sale of residential freehold and condominium properties
- Purchase and sale of vacant land and commercial properties
- Mortgage and refinancing of residential and commercial properties
- Secured lines of credit and debt consolidation financing
- Residential and commercial leasing
- Land division and severance applications
- Retirement homes and life leases
- Title insurance
Corporate, Commercial and Business
From the excitement of incorporating your first business, to the intricacies of negotiating a corporate purchase or finalizing a corporate reorganization, we offer the professional assistance and advice required for all aspects of your business, whether as your regular go-to legal counsel, or from time to time as the need arises.
Among other things, we can assist you with incorporating your business, hiring (or unhiring) employees, drafting and reviewing shareholder, partnership and other business agreements, corporate re-organizations and restructuring, and securing financing.
- Incorporations and partnerships
- Purchase and sale of business
- Business succession
- Corporate reorganizations
- Shareholder, partnership, joint venture and other business agreements
- Commercial leasing
- Employment contracts
- Charitable and not-for-profit corporations
Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
Arranging your own affairs or dealing with the affairs or estate of a loved one – both are sensitive matters.
Attuned to that reality, we will walk you through the processes and offer practical and experienced legal advice. Your own estate plan will be based upon detailed consultations prior to the preparation of wills and powers of attorney. If we ask some difficult questions, bear in mind our objective to ensure that your testamentary wishes will be made effective. When dealing with estate matters, you may be in a time of grief, but we will be present to ensure the necessary legal matters are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Advice, preparation and execution of wills
- Powers of attorney for property and personal care
- Estate, succession and tax planning
- Probate and estate administration
- Family trusts, inter vivos and testamentary trusts, joint partner and alter ego trusts
A word on notarizing documents
Frequently, we are called upon to notarize or commission the signatures of our clients on a variety of documents, including proofs of loss, documents from other jurisdictions and miscellaneous affidavits. Fairly enough, many lawyers charge a fee for this service, typically ranging from $50.00 for straightforward matters to $200.00 or more for more complex or time-consuming ones.
It is our policy not to charge a fee for such service (where we are not asked to prepare original documentation or advise you concerning it), but to suggest instead that we will accept and forward on your behalf a donation to a local charity, of our choice or yours, or you may make such a donation directly. Of course, you are under no obligation, and no solicitation will be made.